9.6.11

the.perfect.summer.salad


Chopped Brocoli Salad

Now that we are well into the summer and the temperature is quickly rising, the last thing that I want to do is spend time in the kitchen cooking a hot meal. Instead, I am spending more time preparing cold salads but I find that I am in a "Salad rut" as I have made the same salad for the past 2 weeks. When I came across this recipe on Sterling Style's blog (here), you can only imagine how anxious I was to try this and have something new to eat.
This salad not only took no time to prepare but it also tasted delicious. For some added "yum", try throwing in some dried cranberries and whole raw almonds. Holy good!

For those who are vegetarians, such as myself, omit the bacon and throw in marinaded tofu cubes for a nice alternative.



broccoli salad 7


Ingredients

3 cups broccoli, finely chopped
1 ½ cups of carrots, diced
1 apple, diced
9 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
3 green onions, diced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
1 tabelspoon fresh dill
Black pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and serve!!

click here fore more delicious recepies.

No comments:

Post a Comment